Dienstag, 25. März 2014

Finished graphics decompression

Today I managed to decompress and display every compressed graphics tileset. The decompression of these tilesets (99 in total) takes nearly a minute so the decompressed graphics are stored in the project file. The progress of the decompression is shown when a new project is created.


Next step: Finding the map palette data and display the tilesets with the appropriate colors.

A few general words about the editor:
My goal is to make everything editable and to make the editor as user friendly and easy to handle as possible. I think it's very useful to have an early user feedback.
So my goal is to upload a preliminary version that can handle the following:
- Display all the graphics with their appropriate palettes
- Users can edit the tilesets
- Tilesets can be compressed and are written back to the ROM file

Think this could take some time to achieve but I will keep you updated with the progress step by step :)

3 Kommentare:

  1. According to the ROM map at romhacking's DataCrystal, the Map palette data is positioned at:

    17FBE to 17FFD = Map palettes
    17BFDA to 17BFF9 = Map palettes
    187F3C to 187FFB = Map palettes
    1E082C to 1E0CAB = Map palettes
    1E1635 to 1E2034 = Map palettes
    1E2C33 to 1E6B32 = Map palettes
    1E734C to 1E74CB = Map palettes
    1E758C to 1E7F4B = Map palettes
    1F0000 to 1F047F = Map palettes
    1F0540 to 1F12BF = Map palettes
    1F2376 to 1F2415 = Map palettes
    1F3333 to 1F33B2 = Map palettes

    I expect these to be in the US-ROM, I guess they are somewhere else in PAL/JP-ROMs, but I think this is a start. Great project, and great to see the fast progress so far. :)

    See you at snesfreaks.com forum ;)
    lytron

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thanks for searching :)
    I'm using the US ROM for the moment so these offsets should fit.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I've never really gotten into IOG much but this is EXTREMELY promising for a game with a great engine. I've definitely got my eyes on this beauty!

    AntwortenLöschen