Dienstag, 10. September 2019

Screen Settings

The screen settings are now fully editable in the editor.
I moved the settings from the map editor to a separate tab since they are so numerous.
A screen setting consists of 10 Bytes, each bytes is a bitfield containing the configuration bits.
So you can choose the setting category (= a specific byte) and set or clear each bit.

The meaning of these configuration was nearly completely decoded by Raeven0, so once again a big thank you :)

-> As an example, I disabled the sprites for screen setting #3 (used by South Cape and several other maps)

-> The sprites in South Cape have disappeared!

I will upload a new version of the editor once I'm fully finished with this feature.

4 Kommentare:

  1. Bonus chatter: Most of these settings can also be changed dynamically, by writing a new value to their $21xx register in event code. The Comet map does so to make its face appear and disappear, and to change the screen coloration during Dark Gaia's appearance and death.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. It would be interesting to add a text and font editor so the game could be translated into other languages similar to the editor LazyShell of the super mario rpg. It would be fantastic my friend, good luck with the editor, I look forward and hoping you fulfill my request of the text editor :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You're in luck: both of those features are planned. Hooray!

      Löschen
  3. I can barely wait XD ha ha. Thanks man and good luck.

    AntwortenLöschen